Participation in a Local Prevention Council is an opportunity to make positive changes in your community, meet other committed community members, and participate in engaging activities; ranging from program planning to positive youth development activities.
Here are a few ways you can get involved:
- Attend a meeting. Our meetings are open to the public, everyone is welcome! Meetings generally take place at the Somers Public Library on the fourth Tuesday of each month at 10:30am.
- Contact us with suggestions of what you would like to see happening in Somers in the area of prevention.
- Engage with us on social media. You can find us on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube by clicking on the icons at the bottom of each page.
- Get on our email distribution list.
- Make a contribution. If you are not able to directly participate but would still like to support our efforts, checks can be made payable to Somers Comes Together and sent to the address listed at the bottom of the page.
Who is involved?
Anyone interested in being a part of prevention efforts is welcome to join Somers Comes Together. All Local Prevention Councils strive to have representation from “The 12 Sectors.“